Sunday, April 17, 2022

Dryads and a Tree Spirit


Hello!

For the past few months I've been running a Warhammer Fantasy Role Playing campaign for our local group. This week one of the character's story arcs came to its conclusion, which involved a group of feral dryads and a vengeful tree spirit. Knowing the encounter was coming up soon, I took a look on MyMiniFactory for some suitable figures to use, and found these excellent models designed by 'The Dragon Trappers Lodge'. 






These are all finely detailed figures and quite delicate, but I reasoned that they only had to survive one play so gave it a go. :)  The Tree Spirit turned out to be a bit of a contentious print, with the head and arms refusing to resolve properly (probably more my fault than the figure's design). 

With time ticking down to our game session, I decided to try my hand with some light sculpting using green stuff and wire armatures. Due to the gnarled design of the model, and some bits I could repurpose, the sins of my 'sculpting' managed to bodge it all into something that I could work with.



With a few midnight oil painting sessions they were made ready for the game. Tabletop mayhem ensued, fun was had, so all-in-all a very happy outcome. Win!

Thanks for dropping in for a look!

- Curt


16 comments:

  1. Lovelly stuff, excellent group and definietly fit the bill. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work dude, really sharp-looking stuff. These totally evoke the "nature as menace" vibe, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dude, they were great fun to work on.

      Delete
  3. Clansman, this is a fabulous post. Great figs, amazing paint work. Of course, this sort of thing always reminds me of when John introduced "Tree moustache" the hasty younger sibling of Treebeard. Yes, the leaf was to blame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the leaf brings such richness to gaming (and the yearning for munchies).

      Delete
  4. Treeman is fantastic, and I've now discovered minifactory - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look great Curt! I will need to favorite them for the next big MMF sale, as I already have way too many Tribes & Patreons I am supporting with my meagre wages. Did you snag that Humble Bundle collection of all the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay books that occured a few months back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Terry! No, I missed that promotion, drat!!

      Delete
  6. Those models look great dude! Good for you for busting out the greenstuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nobody need ever know that there was a mishap with the Tree Spirit - it looks just great, as do the dryads.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)