Wednesday, February 12, 2014

From BrendonW: 28mm Warmachine Warjack (12 points)


From Brendon:
I started this big ugly fella (about the size of a 40k Dreadnought) before I went and had a Hernia operation. I was terrified before hand but now I am slowly on the mend so it's all onwards and upwards from here.
This figure comes as a blister of metal parts to add/upgrade a plastic Khador faction warjack. I used a warjack from a battle box which gives you two warjacks and a warcaster which is cheaper than buying two individual warjacks. However the individual plastic sets come with different parts/weapons options. 


I didn't paint the eyes in the previous two as they are very small but the metal Black Ivan head has much bigger eyes and it help add a bit more colour. He was not looking right when I thought he was completed so I added red to the piece of armour hanging between his legs which made a big difference in my opinion.
First, its great to have you back with us Brendon! I hope that working on the hobby helps you pass the time while you're on the mend. 

This fellow, like your other one, certainly looks the business! Great job on the weathering and good call with adding the tabard-shaped armour. The red plate helps add interest to the figure overall. While at first glance he seems suitably ferocious I must say the jumbo-sized screws heads at his shoulder joints makes me smile - like some mad industrial arts Geppetto put him together. 

This Warjack will give Brendon 12 points. Well done!


8 comments:

  1. Good job on the Warjack! And nice to see a non-red Khador paint scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried to paint a warjack and appreciate the difficulty involved. Definitely came out better than mine. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice weathering on this fella Brendon. Glad to hear you're recovering from the hernia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The warjacks are what drew me in to Warmachine. I am a fan of the unsubtle menace of the "Jacks". Your Khador jack is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great

    Hope your back to full speed soon

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work with the paint damage and weathering. Very convincing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)