Friday, March 9, 2012

From ScottB: 15mm WWII German Pak40 Anti-Tank Guns (78 points)


Scott here adds another excellent unit to his growing German force for 'Flames of War'. This time its a group of Pak40 anti-tank guns along with their command element.

From Scott:

I can add them to my Grenadiers or Panzergrenadiers, in a couple of formats, either as a divisional support option with all 4 guns, or often as a company weapons platoon of 3 guns, but then I can include the 4th spare gun as an upgrade option for the 15cm nebelwerfer platoon, that I am now halfway done.

Hopefully I'll have it done by the deadline. Might even squeeze in a 8cm Mortar platoon too...


These are 15mm Battlefront castings.


This group will give Scott 78 points. Very nice work!


9 comments:

  1. Nice looking Paks. I don't think those rods should be red and white though. The red and white poles were for artillery surveying. For AT guns, they'd just be barrel cleaning rods. I made the same mistake when I painted my British 2pdrs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! I hunted through heaps of internet images - some had shown them stripey, others not. I wasnt sure which way to do it... oh well! If you are sure I can paint over them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice mini's. I thought they were red and white myself but now I'm doubting myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work on these Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look really fine. Like the camo on the guns and crew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work once more Scott

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff. I have always wondered - what are those red and white bars on the trails of the guns?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)