Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stylin' and Profilin' (or Sumthin')


I believe Groucho Marx once said, "I refuse to join any club which would have me as a member," but then again he obviously wasn't nominated for the 'Stylish Blogger Award'.  ;)

Over the past few weeks I've noticed this 'Award' making its rounds amongst several of the sites I regularly visit. Well lo and behold,  Miles, Col Shofer and Ray have each kindly selected my blog as, hmm, what? A nominee? Part of a group of recipients?  I confess I really don't know where this thing originated, or what its actually for, but I do recognize and appreciate the sentiment behind it, so thanks very much guys!

I understand that  in being selected for the award means that I have to state 10 things about myself and nominate 10-15 other blogs for the same award. Ok, on to the first part:

1) I used to race bicycles and worked as a bicycle courier in my early 20s.
2) I enjoy collecting vinyl records and am a bit of a hi-fi junkie.
3) In the mid-80s (at around age 20) I owned and managed a game store with a good friend of mine (we were at ground zero for the introduction of Warhammer Fantasy and 40K - those were heady days!).
4) When I'm not slouching I'm taller than your average geek (6'2").
5) I lived in Europe for a year (Italy, Austria and the Netherlands)
6) I worked in the US for around 4 years (Biloxi, New Orleans and Detroit)
7) I now work as a preservation archivist.
8) My wife calls me a 'social misanthrope' (amongst other kind things) which is a nice way of saying that I like my friends but am generally not too fond of humanity.
9) I like to garden.
10) I love all hounds.

As this award has been in circulation for a while I'm going to keep my nominations rather sparse:
John de Terre Neuve's "Wargaming in 28mm"

Iannick's "Clash of Empires"

Dallas, Greg and "The Fawcett Avenue Conscripts" (my old gaming group from Winnipeg)

&


Each of these sites project an enthusiasm for the hobby that is unique, admirable and infectious and I think they are more than deserving of nomination.

So a big thanks again to those who've nominated my little area of nerdspace for this accolade!

4 comments:

  1. 3 nominations!! Well deserved, Congratz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your nice blog.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s a good blog and deserves to get this....I like the addition of the bullet holes...very stylish ;-D
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)