Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Second unit of Brutes for Turnip28

Yeah, I know. It's been a looong time, I get it. 

You haveta understand that this is what happens when nice weather arrives to a person living in an otherwise sub-arctic climate. Blogging? Who can be bothered when there's all this wonderful sun, heat and growing stuff going on. Let's just not talk about wildfires, okay?

Anyhoo, I haven't been completely sun-addled these past few months, in fact I've been uncharacteristically productive hobbywise, but I just couldn't be arsed to take photos and blog about it. Bad Curt! Baaad! 

Nonetheless, here I am to make amends and catch up the best I can.

So first up is this second unit of Brutes for my Turnip28 collection. 

I really like these 3d models from Knucklebones Miniatures (in fact he rarely does anything that I don't find interesting). They're just so characterful, a little bit kooky, and always a touch macabre. Perfect for the Turnip28 setting.








Next up is a unit of heavy cavalry for this T28 lunacy. Stay tuned!

- Curt


12 comments:

  1. Very nice my root-bound friend! I do like the range of offerings from KBones too. I also have heard the call of the turnip recently and am working on some similar projects...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul! Yes, I've been very much enjoying your recent posts on Insta. Well done, mate!

      Delete
  2. Looking mighty fine Curt, good to have you back bloggin again, you bad boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. I hope to make some amends over the next week as I have a bunch of backlog to catch up on.

      Delete
  3. Utterly amazing and completely bonkers! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ev! Delighted that you dropped in to say hello. Hope you're doing well, mate.

      Delete
    2. Let's just say that the last couple of years have been less than satisfactory. I feel like I want my money back!

      Delete
    3. I know you are not alone in that sentiment. Anyway, very happy that you stopped in. :)

      Delete
  4. Great looking mobile veg! Very much like some of the work of the freelance illustrators who used to work for GW in the early days like Ian Miller, nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, Iain. They have that great 70s and 80s fantasy vibe going on. They also remind me of David Day's work ('Tolkien Bestiary). Thanks for popping by!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)