Monday, January 31, 2022

'A long time ago in a dungeon far, far away...'

Hi All,

I've been a big Star Wars nerd ever since seeing the first movie as a kid in '77.  So when I discovered that my friend Kawe over at Westfalia Miniatures/One Gold Piece had done a brilliant range of fantasy not-Star Wars minis I knew I had to give them a go.

First up are our doughty heroes. These seven adventurers will be very recognizable as: The Apprentice, The Princess, The Old Master, The Smuggler, The Bugbear, The Butler Construct and the Trashcan Construct. 



Then we have our iconic arch villains, with The Liche Lord and his Honour Guard, and the terrifying Death Knight.




I actually had a print fail on the Death Knight where his sword didn't properly resolve. So I replaced it with some plasticard, doing a sort of anime thing with the shape of the blade. It's a bit of a bodge but I actually don't mind it.


The other fun thing about these being 3d prints is that it allowed me to scale up the Death Knight to be a little more imposing.  David Prowse would be pleased, I think.

Thanks for dropping in for a look. Have a great day!

- Curt

8 comments:

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)