Monday, July 12, 2021

'Boris the Bunny Summoner', his Murder Bunnies and the dreaded Jackalope


I know, I know, I said I'd do an update on the gaming clubhouse, but I'm waiting for some stuff to be installed, so I thought I'd wait and do a post after those are completed.

So what do we have today? Well, let's continue on my current fixation with all things Moonstone by looking at a few new additions to the Faun contingent.

When I first showed Sarah the Moonstone figures she was immediately attracted to the Faun as they had 'Boris the Bunny Summoner'.

Well, it's true, Boris is pretty darn awesome. While his personal stat line is not that impressive, he does have one ability that absolutely rocks: he can summon rabbits. Oh no, these are not normal rabbits, boys and girls. Nooo, our Faun Boris can summon a bloodthirsty trio, a fluffle no less of Murder Bunnies(!), AND if the stars align, he can call forth the ferocious (and slightly ridiculous) Jackalope! 

The Murder Bunnies individually are not especially powerful, but with Boris being able to control them remotely, a trio of them can cause quite a bit of mischief and mayhem.


The Jackalope is, literally, a different beast entirely. Very dangerous and quite manoeuvrable, this huge horned hare is a force to contend with. Once Boris manages to summon it (no easy task in of itself), the Jackalope is treated as an additional character for the Faun player to use. 



This floppy-eared apex predator can handily leap over very large obstacles, takes great delight in skewering enemies with his spikey antlers and can chomp them with his 'nasty, big, pointy teeth'. Essentially, the Jackalope is Elmer Fudd's nightmare, writ large.


Thanks for dropping in folks! I hope you're having a terrific day.

Next Up: Gnomes!


17 comments:

  1. Love Boris and the Bunnies. Too bad you and Jeremy smoked him before he did much last game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was a bad night for Boris (and Hoff). Next time the bunnies will have to run a screen to take the hit for him.

      Delete
  2. OMG, Murder Bunnies!!! What a brilliant idea, and all of the figs look absoluely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific and terrifying work, splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genius and insane. Really need to buy some of these

    ReplyDelete
  5. MURDER BUNNIES!
    I love it, well done Curt. Fantastic brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid looking murder bunnies and crew! I did stop by for shed updates but these are very entertaining diversions!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain! I hope to have a HobbyLobby update soon. :)

      Delete
  7. What lovely figures and smashing painting - the jackalope is especially effective. I wouldn’t want those bunnies to pop up during a walk in the countryside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jamie! I think you'd love this game, especially the whacky figures.

      Delete
  8. Stop making me want to get into this game!
    Nice classic Bugs Bunny clip too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suitably scary stuff done very well! Thanks for sharing Curt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)