Tuesday, December 27, 2022

A Tribekka for 'Maximillian 1934'

 

Vrooom! Vroom! Dakka... Dakka... Dakka.... 

Happy Holidays everyone! 

It's another Painting Challenge, so in Curt's world that means that another new project (or two) has to be undertaken. 

This time, it's 'Maximillian 1934', a car racing game set in a post apocalyptic 1930s, and I thought a perfect candidate for the 'High Adventure Studio' location. 



I have to admit that 'Car Wars' and 'Gaslands' have not always scratched that itch, but I do love the vehicle designs of 1930s period, with their swooping, long-nosed cowlings, narrow spoked wheels and the whacky bauhaus aesthetic, so Maximillian 1934 really appealed to my lizard brain.

I have four cars and a few motorcycles from the range that I'm wanting to get done the Challenge. I figure they should be enough for a spirited race, with several varied vehicle designs for players to choose from. 

So, for my first effort, I present to you this sporty three-wheeled Tribekka. 

I gave it a forward facing water-cooled machine gun and a brace of linked Lewis guns on a rear-facing pintle mount. You know, 'cause these are obviously things you need on a vehicle. 

I built out a mahoosive engine for it and gave it big single, side-mounted exhaust pipe. As the game uses a template to move, and is a bit fiddly with arcs, I decided to base-up this guy and the others that will follow.

As I want the cars to be quite visible on the track, I sprayed it a bright yellow, reminding me of the 'Fun in the Sun' yellow we had on our sporty Ford Focus in our salad years.  

I hope to have a roadster up in a week or two. Wish me luck and thanks for dropping in for a look!

- Curt


4 comments:

  1. I really like this, although I have no knowledge of either the miniatures or the game. The yellow shouts out across the screen; the weathering is great and the armaments rock. Still working out if the twin mounted Lewis guns are only to be fired stationary?

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that they're for quick, well-timed squirts against tailgaters.

      Delete
  2. Now that has really caught my attention and imagination, Curt. Terrific painting, and what an incredible design too. I haven't bought from Eureka Minis in an age, so seem to have missed this range. Great stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, the models are a real hoot to work on.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)