Thursday, March 20, 2014

From PhilH: 28mm Colonial British Hussars, Mahdist Gun and Crew & 15mm WWII American Infantry (84 points)


From Phil:
My final offering to push me towards my target. The British in the Sudan finally get some cavalry support, the rather dashing 10th Hussars. Not a fancy pelisse in sight by this era, but I still think they look fine in their navy striped trousers and spiked helmets. Deployed from India, they were in khaki. This is my first stab at getting the right khaki for the Sudan. 

Next up, a captured Mahdist gun with Egyptian gunners. I based the Beja overseer separately as I though he'd come in useful as a slaver in Pulpy games. Also, at a push I may end up using  this for somewhat bedraggled Egyptian artillery (ignoring the shackles). Until I inevitably get around to picking up the Krupp from the Perry Egyptian range. I was trying to get hold of some round basing 'holes' to make my own sabot trays for the Mahdists and also mount the overseer snugly on this base. Hopefully they will arrive at some point so I can drop one in and sort the Mahdist unit bases once and for all. 


Finally, a couple of test minis: 15mm US paras for Chain of Command. A quick job over a brown undercoat, not much to say. 


Lovely work Phil. I'm particularly impressed with the metallics you've achieved with the gun - perhaps a bit too clean considering the crew but, wow, the smoothness of the steel is wonderful. Great job.

This selection of miniatures will give Phil 84 points, exactly enough for him to hit his 700 point target. Congratulations and well done Phil! 

9 comments:

  1. More Sudan loveliness... we need to do a big "challengers" Sudan game i think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, I'd absolutely love that. Let's make it happen. You can make up for my limited number of Mahdists!

      Delete
  2. The 10th look very nice! Well done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, after plugging away at them for ages, they went down to the wire in the end.

      Delete
  3. Cheers Curt, all. I will grubby these all up, gun carriage included. I just flat ran out of time - need to leave a day before applying the Windsor and Newton varnish, then a second coat on protruding a areas most likely to be damaged. Then wait a day, weathering powder, then Dullcote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also:
      -Really chuffed I made my target. Hadn't realised the bonus round hadn't scored yesterday so thought I might just miss it.
      -Top half, me?! Awesome
      -THANKS CURT!!

      Delete
  4. Huzzah for the 10th! They're superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael - can't wait to get them on the table to run down some Mahdists (or charge off to get surrounded...)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)