Tuesday, March 19, 2013

From KevH: 28mm French & Indian Wars Rangers and Frontiersmen (98 points)

From Kev:

First up are French Indian War Rangers Wilderness Force.
All 28mm Redoubt Miniatures. There are 15 in total, 12 men (2 x units of 6) and 3 casualty markers.
For Muskets and Tomahawks. Typical Green uniform with red facings. Various headgear for a more campaign wilderness look. All armed with rifles.

Next up are 6 Frontiersmen. Once again all 28mm Redoubt. These will probably be used as Canadians for FiW M&T.


I doubt if I will hit my revised target. I should have gone with my gut feeling of 2500. But I did intend to paint up loads of 54mm medievals. I decided to end on a high and finish with something a bit nicer. I may post later if I get these on my bench finished.

Gorgeous work Kev! I particularly like the detailed painting with the beadwork, etc. on the Canadian frontiersmen. In fact that is exactly how I'm dressed as I sit in front of my Mac today. (It's very comfortable, but the tail of my coon-skin cap keeps dipping into my double espresso mocha latte when I type...)

These lads will give Kev 98 points to add to his tally. Well done!

8 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. You've got a pretty limited palette here and done marvelously with it. Curt has it spot on regards the details too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great stuff Canadians are my fav F&IW stuff all challenge
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Kev. We'll just have to wait and see if it is enough to keep Fran off the #3 spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great again, high output and highquality, I don't know how you guys do it

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow they are nice figures, I really like the style.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, Kev! I've got 12 Conquest North American Indians that are ready to take on your Rangers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)