Monday, December 30, 2013

From MilesR: 28mm French & Indian War Infantry and ACW Union Dismounted Cavalry (125 points)


From Miles:
First up are 13 French and Indian War figures from AW miniatures.  They're a bit bigger than 28's and appear to be 32mm high - let's call them "heroic scale".  These figures are painted up as the 60th Royal American regiment and are my contribution to the Bloggers for Charity effort.  The figures are well cast but I found painting 18th century uniforms a bit of a challenge.  I think i'll go back and touch up these figures but they're good for now.  


The second set of pictures are of some 28mm Perry Union dismounted cavalry figures - I've completed 12 so far so have enough for a fully dismounted regiment.  As with all Perry figures, these are wonderfully done and were very easy to paint up.  


It has been nice to paint up some Union figures before going back for a few more Confederate infantry regiments - I will finish up Hood's Brigade as part of the "Challenge".
Very nice work Miles. I really like those F&IW infantry, though a closer-in photo would've been nice to get a better look at the detail of the figures. Nonetheless I know they will be a great contribution to the good folks over at Bloggers for Charity. Well done.

These two units will give Miles 125 points. Great job sir!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice painting work. And really interesting those figures from AW. I´m always looking for different figures for this War.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, If I sent in a close up picture, you'd all make me turn in my paint brushes for the good of the hobby - I need to go back and fix 'em ip a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I especially like the dismounted cavalry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)