Monday, December 30, 2013

From ChristopherS: 28mm Dark Age Early Saxon Gedriht (37 points)



Here is another wonderful unit of Dark Age Early Saxons from Christopher.
Here is my second unit of those elite Early Saxon Gedriht who look like ZZ top on steroids who are just as proficient with their weapons as the others are with their guitars. It's what I think of when I look at them and partly why I like them so much. 

Bill(the sculptor) just made these guys look cool and are a must for any painter interested in early Saxons imho. I added a banner to these guys even though in Dux Brittani rum they have no effect, because I think banners add a bit extra in terms of looks to an army. 
These superb figures are again Musketeer with the equally superb LBM for the shields and banner. The weathering on the rocks and shields is done with MIG pigments which I really enjoy using.

Lovely work once again, Christopher. I agree with you in that these fellows absolutely demand a banner as they're such hard-asses. 

These six warriors will give Christopher a base of 30 points but I'm adding a few more for the excellent banner, shields and groundwork. Well done! (But you're still behind me. Y'know, just sayin'.)  ;-P


18 comments:

  1. Amazing painting and lovely figs. I was also going to suggest you deserve extra points for all that extra detail in the basing and shields etc. - above and beyond the call of duty! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work - very impressive! Happy New Year, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I aggree fantastic work great basing worth every point

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking stuff! The scenic base really helps bring the whole thing alive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cracking stuff Christopher. The basing is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking Saxons by Christopher. Well deserved extra points for the basing and banner work too. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  7. They bare fantastic miniatures, and the painting work is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing work, Chris. It's a pity they'll suffer a bloody nose next game :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much everyone!

    @Curt

    I know, but I have something else coming soon,:-)

    @Nick

    Better take your meds as it seems delusional thoughts are once again taking hold.>:-)

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great and really look the business

    ian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific. So much to like there, from the weathering on the shields and rocks to the vegetation on the base. The flag really drives it all home. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Berry pretty. Can't beat a good flag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks again folks I really do appreciate it!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)