Tuesday, January 8, 2013

From JohnM: 28mm Dark Age Skraelings (80 points)


From John:

Up next is two SAGA points of Skraelings or 16 figures to the uninitiated. These are SAGA warriors, there are no Hearthguards among the Skraelings, so this is the 4th and 5th Warrior point I have painted. These Gripping Beast figures are really very nice, but I have to say that it was a little boring as I have already painted 24 of the exact same figures. These 5 Warrior units join a unit of Levy Bowmen and their Warlord.
The last picture (and just to prove I have not been recycling Skraelings!) shows the full warband, each unit has a different colour designation, the two units just painted are Dark Red and Blue bands. They join the Yellow, Bright Red and Green Warrior bands.
These white primed figures were airbrushed with Citadel Foundation colour Tallerin Flesh. I used GW Bleached Bone for the caribou skins. I have found these colours quite effective for the Skraelings and I am quite pleased on how they have come out.
This coming weekend they are seeing action in a Vinland Campaign of SAGA in Montreal. We will recreate the arrival and the attempted settlement of the Greenland Vikings 1000 years ago in Northern Newfoundland. Should be fun.
I've always enjoyed the uniqueness of this project, John, and these new additions don't disappoint. I also really like seeing the full warband all arrayed for battle - very impressive.

Enjoy your coming game in Montreal!

These 16 figures will give John 80 points.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice painting John! I feel the need to purchase some of these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very nice, looks very impressive with so many on the table

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, John, and what a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Realy like 'em a lot! Fantastic work on the skin...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)