Sunday, January 27, 2013

From MichaelA: 28mm Mahdist Tribesmen (51 points)


From Michael:
Just a quick note to attach my latest entry, more of the very versatile Perry plastic Mahdists; two more stands of five of these fiercesome warriors. 
The first, very much in the vein of what has gone before, but the last are armed with muskets and wearing a distinctive red fez.
I have no doubt that I will be admonished by the Wargames Police for this gross inaccuracy, but I just couldn't resist - perhaps they could go on to be Turkish Slavers!  

Don't worry Michael, this is a Wargames Police Free Zone (except for my own peccadilloes, of course!). Those red fezzes are brilliant. Literally. Hmm, come to think of it I'm going to give you an extra point for your ahistorical audacity. How's that for a poke in the eye, wot! I foresee some great Pulp Adventure gaming with these lads (though they may require some groovy tassels to better fit the part).

These assorted tribesmen will give Michael 51 points to add to his climbing total.

13 comments:

  1. Looking good again, really like the subtle colour differences and weathering. that just break them up nicely.

    I love these Perry plastics, they are incredibly versatile as you rightly say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gharak and thank you Curt for your support in my wayward palette selection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm mortified that you have done this Michael, I'm phoning 666 to report you!!!!!

    As always great looking figures so well painted, love the fez by the way ;-)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, like your painting style on the skin and robes on the first base!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job,

    Based for BP rules ???

    Stefano

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking great, I for one love the Fez are the Saracens fans (English Rugby team for those not UK based)
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work, but I think they need some nipple tassles to go with the Fez, or am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very wrong Raymond, if for no other reason than I've just spat a mouthful of coffee out having read your comment! :D

      Delete
    2. Roussel , that is way too much of insight into your mind....

      Delete
    3. Ray should loose points for thinking that, and more points for typing that

      Delete
  8. Excellent stuff Michael, love the red fez's ! Which one is Tommy cooper?

    Less said about Curt's peccadilloes the better if you ask me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some very maddened Mahdists there. Love the angry eyes on them. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)