Saturday, January 5, 2013

From AndrewS: Ronin #1 (25 points)



From Andrew:
I received my Ronin yesterday from Kev at the cabin and set about painting and basing this immediately. After some internet searching I settled on a red and black theme with white undergarments embellished with a pattern. The figure is a 28mm Dixon figure.



To create my version of Ronin #1,  I sculpted a scenic base and poured the water effect knowing that I could decorate the water and get another layer onto it late last night thus sealing the images between the layers. 


I left the armour in gloss varnish as all my searches showed the Lacquered armour to be highly polished. Overall the figure and base took about 7 hours to complete.

Andrew, the addition of the koi pond is off the hook. I love the composition of this figure.

Andrew will get the base 20 points for his Ronin levy but I'm adding another 5 for the custom base. Wonderful job and thank you!

6 comments:

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)