Wednesday, December 26, 2012

From MikeW: 28mm Dark Age Saxons (30 points)



Mike sends us six Dark Age Saxons that will bolster his forces for an unfolding campaign. 

From Mike:
A small selection of Dark Ages Saxons... 4 Musketeer Saxon archers (the detail on these is so gorgeous even I can't fail to bring some of it out) and a Musketeer Duguth that I'd undercoated and found left over from my last painting stint while I was hunting out other figures. 
The other figure is (as far as I can tell) a late 80's Citadel female ranger - noticeably not as good a sculpt, but is perfect for the character of Lavinia in my Dux Britanniarum campaign (see:
http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/to-britains-shores-chapter-4-new.html). 
It had been painted (badly) back in about 1990, but I gave it a fresh undercoat and a less garish repaint.
The nitty gritty details - Army Painter black undercoat, and a mix of Army Painter Warpaints and Vallejo, with my usual Tamiya textured diorama paint and Javis static grass basing.
Great stuff Mike! Its really nice to see the old Citadel stuff come out of the woodwork.

This half-dozen will give Mike 30 points for his climb up the roster.

5 comments:

  1. Nice, I am getting the itch for Saga, keep resisting at the moment but all it will take is one of my oppos to pull some out and gone will be my resistance LOL

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. *grin* Saga is a great 'quick pickup game down the club' system. But, I have to say, if you want something with more depth, and a really simple but effective campaign system, that you can still play easily and without masses of pre-prep down the club? Dux Britanniarum every time for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the "Dux Brittanniarum" comment.
    Besides, the figures are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Mike! That bearded chap with the spear looks like an angry and dangerous Father Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice to see old friends... well done

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)