Wednesday, February 6, 2013

From JohnM: 28mm Napoleonic Brunswick Command (50 points)


From John:
Back to Napoleonics. Here are the command stands for my Brunswick Corps. Couple of new basing ideas here. First up is the my new divisional stand: A 80x60mm oval. I realized the number of figures I would need for my Napoleonic command stands was just too many, and I also felt the 120x80 mm stands were too big for this level of command. I will stay with this rectangular stand for the Corps and Army command bases ie commands of 12-20k men. For under 12k men, ie. 2-4 brigades, I thought this oval stand looked a lot better and was more appropriate in size for the table.


There is also a 50 mm round brigade stand in this collection as well as another new addition, an ADC stand. These 40x20mm ovals will be used for my functional ADC's, ie chaps who have to move about the terrain. FoG Napoleonic ruleset has this as a function and Curt's upcoming ruleset Food for Powder uses them as well. I have always thought that having ADC's running about the terrain would be cool. 


So anyway here we have the Duke of Brunswick with his Adjutant General Col Olfermann as well as an ADC bringing a message from the front. The Duke was killed at Quatre Bras, and Col Olfermann had to assume command. We also have another ADC on an independent stand as well as Lt Col von Specht commanding the 2nd Line Infantry Brigade. You see that the ADC's have sky blue trousers. I was not sure what colour stripe to put on these trousers, any suggestions?

I am hoping to be able to submit the first part of my Cunning Secret Project done soon, as well as some Romano-British and my first Andalusians.

Lovely work John. I really like these chunky bases you're using and that oblong base-shape for the ADC gives a nice visual reminder of its function during games.


These five horsemen will give John 50 points. I'm very much looking forward to seeing your upcoming Cunning Secret Project!


7 comments:

  1. Fabulously looking command stands and figures. Love your basing. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work again on the black uniform, I think the base shapes work very well
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice painting John and great work on the bases as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All round good looking work. I love what 28mm brings but the size of table needed!!!

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see more of your black Brunswickers. The round bases are very effective.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)