Thursday, June 1, 2017

Some Royalty and Retainers from Barsoom


For a bit of a diversion, I've gone back to my John Carter of Mars project to add a few more models to my modest collection.

Here is a regal princess of the Martian city-state of Zodanga, along with her retinue of bodyguards.


These 28mm figures are from TinMan Miniatures. Really beautiful models, very elegant and quite slight in their design, with very little preparation required to get them ready for painting. A real joy to work on.





Thankfully, I have a few more figures from this range waiting in the wings. Who knows, maybe I'll treat myself to another batch before summer is out.

Next: Something Spanish!


24 comments:

  1. They really are rather gorgeous Curt, splendid work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaor my Jeddak, these are lovely Barsoomians!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. I have these figures, but I'm yet to make a start on them. Now I have this post for inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy working on them - they are excellent castings.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work on some very nice figures, good luck with the Spanish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff Curt!
    I do love me some Barsoomiam goodness :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Makes me want to watch the flawed-but-wonderful movie.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful work on those minis, CC - and thanks for introducing me to TinMan Miniatures. I had never heard of them before, but their catalogue is very enticing. I love how they have both family-friendly and "adult" versions of some of their sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! Yes, it's a beautifully realized range of figures - well worth the price.

      Delete
  7. Great work dude, and I love the groundwork in addition to the fine brushwork on the figures. Well done man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pure awesomeness Curt! These ladies definitely have the cool factor already sculpted in but your painting brings them to a whole different level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Nick! As you know, it always helps the brush when the subject is so well realized.

      Delete
  9. Excellent brush skills (as usual)

    Is it time for the challenge yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miles!

      Not even close, get back to your priming. :)

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous work Curt, quite inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work dude, and I love the groundwork in addition to the fine brushwork on the figures. Well done man!

    www.golden-slot.com
    บาคาร่าออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)