Thursday, April 6, 2017

A Quidditch Pitch in a Jar


I made this wee Quidditch pitch as a friend's birthday present, using an inverted candle jar as a display case. The model began as a 3D print.


I should have chequered the lower oval gallery, but as I was almost cross-eyed from painting the ten towers I hope I'll be forgiven for leaving it as a buff tarp.

The goal posts are cut down sewing pins.
Below is a pic of some of the rough parts, straight from the printer. It was a fun, whimsical project, reminding me that I need to continue reading the series (I think I'm only as far as book 4) - Sacre bleu!


Next up: Landsknechts!

18 comments:

  1. Oh dear Lord, that is amazing! This 3D printer of yours is turning into the most wonderful distraction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Michael and, yes, I'm having waaay too much fun with the printer. :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you're having fun with the 3D printer and what a fabulous gift :)

    Is that Landsknechts playing Quidditch up next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Landsknechts would look very fitting playing Quidditch...

      Delete
  3. The very definition of whimsy - all popped nicely into a little jar ;) this is absolute genius, certainly made me smile. There is a place for fun amongst the guns, swords and 40 foot tall robots we usually spend time on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted you enjoyed it Jamie. You're right, it's nice to take a break from all the toy soldiers from time to time.

      Delete
  4. That is really neat, I can see you really are enjoying your printer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much at times, I think but it is a wonderful distraction.

      Delete
  5. That 3d printer sure is a truly great addition to the hobby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Fiddly as hell sometimes, but when they work it's pretty magical what you can come up with.

      Delete
  6. That's really a fantastic gift! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're becoming a truly 3D printer Jedi!
    Lovely model and wonderful gift for your friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very funky dude! And will likely make painting your Italian Wars stuff seem easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stuff, I can see why you were going cross eyed! Looking forward to the landsknechts.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)