Wednesday, December 21, 2011

From TimB: 28mm Great War Scots Vickers Crews (30 points)


Here is a bonnie set of two Great War Scots machine gun crews with their wee Vickers entered by my friend Tim in Saskatoon. 


These are 28mm Renegade castings from their WWI range of miniatures. I quite like the crew in the kilts, but then again I'm a bit biased.


I've always admired Tim's paint style as its very smooth, clean and concise. He's also really bloody fast with his work, so watch out folks he's going to be rocketing up the scoreboard over the next few weeks.


Tim gets 20 points for the four crewmen plus I'm giving him 5 points for each of the two Vickers for a grand tally of 30 points! 


What's up next, Tim?

13 comments:

  1. Next? I have 1812 Militiamen and More Great War Jocks on the workbench rapidly approaching completion! Huzzah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! What figures are you using for the Militiamen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My own. modelled, moulded, cast and painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mein Gott, I have not even picked up a paint brush yet, how am I going to defend my title.

    Great looking figures by the way.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. man you've just got to love these lads great work

    ReplyDelete
  6. @John: Mein Herr, ze enemy is at the Oder! You must release ze panzers to defend your title! (My sincere apologies to all German speaking visitors.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great figures, and nicely painted, hopefully I'll be getting me brush out for tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, so that's three entrants and three done on round bases, is this the modern way? I'm so square!!!!!



    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good grief, my annual leave is going to kill my chance of points! Great work on those figures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice and wish I could finish things that fast!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very nice. They are wonderful models with a great painting and basing.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok they have UFO's on their head (just joking Tim), but they look very good. And the kilts are great.

    @Curt: I like it when you put your "John Cleese hat" on. :-D

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heh, yeah, the Tams DO look rather HUGE and flat, don't they....?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)