Saturday, June 9, 2018

Modern Russian Urban Assault Team


I needed some Russians for my ACWII storyline and found that this great range from Spectre Miniatures fit the bill nicely.



These are Spetsnaz (Russian Special Forces) in urban assault gear, ready to holiday in the Crimea, Syria or any other vulnerable locale. All of them are wearing heavy body armour with visored helmets. Three of the figures are equipped with ballistic shields for close quarter breaching. 



They are armed in a variety of weapons, ranging from machine pistols,  suppressed AKs to more exotic kit, such as the AS Val assault rifle. Yup, a nasty group of hard cases.



In order to easily pick them out on the tabletop, I've painted them up in the distinctive blue 'Smog' pattern urban camo.

This bunch will be making their debut in an upcoming scenario - so stay tuned for that.

26 comments:

  1. They are very nice. How are you attaching them to the base , just superglue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave! Yes, just superglue for the bases. It's a bit fiddly as you have to make sure you have absolutely no fingerprints or moisture in the area otherwise the glue has a tendency to fog. As in many things, less is more, so just a touch of glue for each foot.

      Delete
  2. Very nice work on these bad boys Curt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I say these are a bit good! I love the camouflage look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankee Sai. The blue camo is a bit different but distinctive.

      Delete
  4. Top notch stuff my friend! Really dig the characteristic camo. With Empress having released some Bundeswehr I‘ll keep an eye on the progress of your project. Maybe the one or other idea I might borrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the compliment Nick! Yes, the Empress range is excellent. I have a bunch of their SAS stuff on the go as we speak.

      Delete
  5. Great looking minis - how do you find the Spectre miniatures? I’ve been eyeing some of their stuff to add to my “SOCOM & Sorcery” game but they feel a little on the pricey side. I don’t mind paying a premium if the quality is there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Miles. The Spectre miniatures are excellent quality and very characterful. I like that they are very realistic in their posing and proportions. My only reservation is that some of their weapons are a bit on the fragile side as they like to sculpt them 'true to scale'. That being said I've never had any breakages. They used to have free shipping if you bought 65 GBP worth, which took the edge off. I think they are rejigging their free shipping threshold so just send them a note if you're interested.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. They look to be a hard set of characters to be sure.

      Delete
  7. Love the camouflage, Curt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking special forces, love the camo!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic looking special forces. Hopefully they're not arriving at my door soon. I love the terrain-visible bases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sid! They'd probably get lost trying to find your place and end up working as gardeners. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)