Thursday, June 14, 2018

Hellllo Ladies! Modern Female Operators


In the interest of equal opportunity, here are five female operators working towards gender-balancing my ACWII collection.


Similar to the Russians from my previous post, all of these figures are from Spectre Miniatures. 


I quite like the mix of both civilian and paramilitary gear on these figures as it allows them to fit in with a wide variation of settings. 



I also appreciate the sculptor's effort to model these women on realistic forms and poses, as opposed to some of the fantastical spotty-faced-boy-in-the-basement stuff you often see in the market.

They are armed with a variety of weapons including a Glock holdout pistol, PP-2000 SMG,  HK416 assault carbine, a Kriss Vector SMG and a Kel-Tec assault shotgun.  Yup, definitely NOT damsels in distress.



There is at least one more pack of female operatives I'd like to add to these, but they'll have to wait as future reinforcements.

Next up: Some vehicles!

28 comments:

  1. Excellent job on some really nice looking models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, they are great little castings.

      Delete
  2. Excellent, not being a teenager I do love properly dressed ladies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent additions to your project! These ladies certainly look like they could look for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work in many ways Curt. However, for the true 'Murica effect you'll need at least one bikini clad buxom blond toting an AR-15!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to succumb to a few of those to help with the 'in country' theme, when required.

      Delete
  5. Fab job Curt. I love the sculpts of these figures just wish they were a smidge chunkier to fit in with other figures in my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're a bit slighter for sure. It's the weapons that make me a bit mental. I wish they were a bit bulkier, more like the stuff from Empress and Eureka. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  6. Nice realistic sculpts and as always, lovely painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! Is it me, or is there something really grungy about them? I can almost imagine the brick dust on the boots and mud stains on the combat fatigues. I particularly love the one with the green jacket leaning forward with the automatic weapon. Chilling...and most definately not chillin'.

    Really well done, Curt - and perfect for the next American Civil War. Crikey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sidney! Yes, she's one of my favourite figures as well. The lass exudes lethal capability.

      Delete
  8. Nicely done Curt. Clear bases are really taking off for miniatures. I see more & more people using them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry. Yes, the clear bases definitely work well for skirmish type games and take the guesswork out of deciding what basing theme you want to sync with.

      Delete
  9. Great looking ladies, very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look excellent. Very nice sculpts. Not a fan of any Boobarella type miniatures as well. cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not being priggish, 'Boobarella' stuff has its place, just not all the time. :) Thanks Brendan!

      Delete
  11. Very nice work on the ladies, Curt! I rather like the spectre miniatures so thanks for introducing me to them. Very fine work of sculpts and your brush did them well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted you like them Dave! Thanks for dropping in to say 'hey'.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)