Sunday, November 27, 2016

Part III - Adeptus Mechanicus Project


Here are a few new additions to my Mechanicus force for Epic 30K. 


First up, a trio of Minotaur self propelled artillery pieces. We had a game using these models a few weeks ago and they did a great job in keeping the heads of the enemy infantry down.


I painted them in a ridiculous, over-the-top baroque paint scheme to match my other models in the force. Yes, the gold-plated cannons are perhaps a bit too much, but I think the Mechanicus Tech Priests would make every effort to elevate and please their Machine God by fully pimping-out their rides. Actually, I'm sure on this particular Forge World they've installed under-chasis lighting, race exhausts and bouncing suspension on pretty much anything that can move.



Also rolling out with this group is a detachment of Mechanicum Castellax Battle-Automata overseen by a trio of Tech Priests. In the 30K fluff, the Battle-Automata are not cyborgs, but rather robots that require the 'human' control of a Tech Priest (who, in turn, are about as human as heavily modded XBox). I've not had these fellas on the table yet so I'm curious to see how they do. Fun!

The force to-date.

Next up: A few Republican reinforcements for Madrid, 1936.

30 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are rather wee. Thanks for the comment Michal.

      Delete
  2. They look really cute! ;)
    Are you enjoying "The Eisenhorn Trilogy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juan. Yes, I'm a big fan of Abnett's Inquisitor series (Eisenhorn, Ravenor and Bequin). I've read them all before, but I picked them up again as I'm running a 'Dark Heresy' RPG campaign for the lads and wanted to something to help set the mood.

      Delete
    2. Dark and nothing about good boys. I would like to find an Eisenhorn mini for "Rogue Stars"...

      Delete
    3. There is that one GW made but it's 54mm and very difficult to find. :(

      Delete
  3. Corking minis Curt. Are you planning on making a return to "WH40K" Epic when it (supposedly) returns next year? I understand it'll be 10mm scale this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure I'll be in there with credit card waving. ;) If anything else the titans look to be amazing. I'm curious if they will keep everything in proper scale?

      Delete
  4. Recently I have found the Epic range from GW strangely tempting. This is yet another penalty to my resistance roll; excellent paint work on these!

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of their better games to be sure. Keep your powder dry as they will be releasing the new version sometime in the first half of 2017. Here's the latest news I've run across:

      http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/10/adeptus-titanicus-latest-news.html

      Delete
  5. This force just keeps on growing. great stuff....keep going. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice baroque minis, all my 40K stuff is boxed up and I haven't touched any in years, for some reason I'm tempted to dig out my sisters of battle force which has never seen paint after reading this post.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, Sisters of Battle. They were my first 40K army. Such great sculpts - still some of the best figures in the GW range IMHO. If you every decide to let those beauties go please drop me a line. :)

      Delete
  7. Great work dude - and it was lovely to see these in action!!!

    I'm sure the Mechanicum uses a special primer that mixes unobtanium, diluted with the tears of orphans and ground up baby penguin livers to ensure the wear and tear of the battlefield does not unduly affect the paint jobs on their equipment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure GW already has the rights to that primer...

      Delete
  8. O my gosh! Those are absolutely awesome. I really like what you're doing with your Mechanicus stuff. Had one of those Minotaur tanks myself (albeit in 28mm) and they're true beauties. Hopefully FW wil release some for their upcoming Epic re-release as well...beeing 30k I somehow doubt it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick! From what I've heard the new Epic (Adeptus Titanicus) is scaled up to 8mm, not 6mm. I'm eager to see what they come up with.

      Delete
  9. Wow I totally missed this post - and apparently the two before!? Are these GW miniatures? I've never seen them before! Oh, I've seen the warlord Titans in the back of the group picture, but the rest is new to me! Looks Fantastic!

    I actually just dug out some Epic 40K stuff I've been sitting on for ages and put some paint on them over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they are NOT GW miniatures. They are (ahem) not available commercially.

      BTW, those are not Warlord titans - they are Knights. The titans from these chaps are INCREDIBLY huge, being much more in scale than the stuff offered by GW.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)