Saturday, March 8, 2014

From RobP: 28mm Revolutionary War Austrian Grenzers (70 points)


From Rob: 
Here is a new entry for the Challenge. A 14-piece unit of Revolutionary Wars Austrian Grenzer. A colourful bunch to paint. I have chosen to paint them in the early uniform colours, still wearing their white coats. 
These excellent skirmishers/marksmen will prove to be big trouble for MikeF´s early French that he is  painting up and of which we hopefully will see more of in the near future... 
Our group's team effort to get into the Revolutionary Wars is getting shape with JaccoK also painting up Austrians and MikeF and another member taking care of the French.. 
This unit will provide the light troops in my Austrian Brigade... Now I can get started on my next line  battalion. The figures shown are form Eureka Minis and they certainly are excellent in sculpting and are a joy to paint. They match perfectly with Perry minis and also with my other (Trent) Austrians. 
This entry will bring me over my initial goal of 500 points and takes the pressure of painting against a deadline and I can spend the last week on some fun stuff on the painting table. Or try to improve my photographic qualities since for some reason I do not manage to get good clear pictures anymore.... 
Ah, but friendly deadlines can be good Rob - look at all the marvellous work you've managed to finish during the past three months. Your excellent Chasseurs a Pied, the Sudanese Bazingers, AWI Minutemen, your Nuns and lets not forget the most excellent Rubber Duck - all of these during the Challenge. Wonderful stuff. Nonetheless, now that your deck is clear, I look forward to seeing what you come up during our last few days of the Challenge.

These fine Austrian Grenzers will give Rob 70 points. Congratulations on reaching your target and emerging victorious in your side duel with the other lads from the DWD*

(*The Dutch Waterbicycle Detachment)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching the target with such a fine bunch of troops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob
    Love the greasers - I could seriously get into Revo War stuff but am attempting to be strong!. 10-4 Rubber Duck
    Cheers PD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking troops Rob. The crimson facings are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice and colourful, must resist another diversion

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)