Monday, February 11, 2013

From Ian: 28mm WWII Sniper Markers & 6mm French Napoleonic Hussars (65 points)


From Ian:
First up three of the last four bases of Sniper Reminders the last one will wait for more urban fun.
First two Japanese bases, one with a MMG the other a knee mortar with two crew. All three are the last models from the Warlord box, I have a pair of spare heads if anyone needs any.

The other is a Russian Blacktree sculpt, as you can see loads of detail.

Next up is changing down a scale or two. Here I have five regiments of French Napoleonic Hussars, all 6mm Baccus. This completes my French Hussars for the time being, though I need to replace the Irregular at some point. These are (front to back left to right) 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 9th and 10th Hussars. After York, ASL and the Superbowl all in the same day I was unable to paint for three days, though I did a bit of basing work. Thursday was the first day I could grip a brush well enough to control it so the Hussars were done through three sessions between Thursday and Saturday morning. Based up over Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning and the break did me good as I was really into painting these.

Now back to the WSS for Matt. The last two regiments of infantry and a start on his cavalry. I have some of my own 6mm sitting waiting final prep and these will follow on once these are done but I also have eight bases of command of my own that I will do in breaks between Matt's stuff.
The 28s are very good but I particularly like seeing your 6mm work. The ragged lines of charging hussars is really effective on the large bases and so is the layered groundwork - very nice.

These 28s and 6s will give Ian 65 points. Well done!

2 comments:

  1. Love the 6mm basing you can almost hear the thundering hooves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Ian, love the way you've based the 6mm cavalry, in the V formation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)