Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Product Snapshot: 'Architects of War' Resin Tree Bases


Earlier this year I picked up eight of these resin tree bases from Architects of War (amongst other assorted stuff) and managed to take some time this past week to get them done up. 


I got these as part of a larger online deal of which I've finished the Garden and the Plowed Field. I still have a whack of other models from them to do, but one thing at a time, eh?


Like the rest of the Architects of War products I've worked with, these resin tree bases are very well made - they're very sturdy, have no warping and possess excellent detail. It was just a matter of blocking in the colours, drybrushing, adding a little groundwork, glueing in the 'Woodland Scenic' trees to the matching sockets and they were done. Highly recommended.



I also made up a bunch of single trees mounted onto large fender washers to act as 'filler' foliation between these bases. In addition, I think I'm going to make up some large chamfered/flocked MDF bases to set these on. That way when figures move into the woods then the trees can be freely moved around to accomodate and the larger MDF base will indicate the limits of the treeline.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, they look fantastic, great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are excellent and would look great on my table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, guys! You know, they're trees, not exactly riveting stuff, but I find they're a very nice product and so I thought I'd put them up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Curt. Trees make a battlefield look good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)