Sunday, May 15, 2011

From the Lead Archive: 28mm Foundry Ancient Greek Hoplites


Still drumming my fingers waiting for 'Hail Caesar' to make its appearance.  Thought I'd ease my impatience by unpacking some more 'sword and sandal' stuff from our move. Here are a few test models I did of some ancient Greek hoplites. I remember I had just finished reading Steven Pressfield's superb 'Gates of Fire' and was completely stoked to paint hoplites.


These are from the excellent Foundry range of models that were sculpted by Steve Saleh. I really like the animation of Saleh's work, even though the shields seem somewhat small to me. Hmm, that reminds me, I need to get some transfers on those shields...


Now that I'm looking at them again I think I'll do up a few more along with some helots for a skirmish game scenario I have knocking around in my head. More on that later if anything comes of it.

4 comments:

  1. They do look very nice, transfers would really set these off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm kinda ignorant of the whole decal/transfer thing. I'll have to do some snooping around to see who has a good product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice painting job. Like the models as well. Looking forward to some more of these. Little big man studios has some great transfers for hoplites but I'm sure you are aware :-) Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mike! Little Big Man Studios? Good tip, I'll give them a go.

    Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)