Sunday, October 1, 2023

28mm Shogunate Japanese Terrain - Cottage and Small Barn

Hey There,

I've been reading an early draft of Sidney's 'Until the Last Sword is Drawn' along with the newly released 'Hamatsu', and so felt a desperate need to do up some Japanese terrain. 

I've had this kit from 4Ground for YEARS. In fact, I picked it up at SALUTE probably a decade ago and it's been 'seasoning' ever since. Anyway, I girded my loins for the coming struggle, but managed to talk Lady Sarah into helping me (using my Jedi Tom Sawyer spiel), so we had a nice weekend afternoon putting these two buildings together.  :) 

I even managed to get through my part of the assembly process without saying any bad words. Now, that's iron discipline. (Okay, I may have muttered a few, but it was under the table when looking for dropped parts, and I don't think anyone heard...)

Love the Boris hair roof, but it's even better after a good coat of water mixed with PVA. Somebody really should tell him. 

Sigh, I miss 4Ground. Their stuff was sooo well designed. 


Nothing much to say about these as they're pretty basic, but still, they were a joy to build. I may give them a wash and highlight, but really they look pretty serviceable as is, and will be a great addition to the Shogunate Japan collection.

Thanks for popping in!

Curt


20 comments:

  1. I've got those too!
    And yeah, I miss 4Ground as well.
    Sarissa are great, but the not having to paint is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've had the pleasure in assembling a few 4Ground kits and I love that after you build them, you can just pop them on the table and play.

      Delete
  2. They turned out well. They were still in their flatpack on Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete. I find these smaller MDF kits to be great fun to work on.

      Delete
  3. It looks very nice Curt! Since my Samurai Impetus project never got off the ground I may able to use what I've already done for this.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure Christopher! Lots of rule options are out there for smaller narrative-style games.

      Delete
  4. They look great! I've got one in my to do pile also, for Ronin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent looking terrain for a really interesting period that I shall resolutely avoid, as it's far too tempting for a variety of reasons!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's such an evocative period. I'm trying to keep the terrain limited to two of my medium sized storage boxes - that's my limit!

      Delete
  6. Great job on that Curt, good to see I am not the only one with a pile of terrain shame also!

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh yes, I have loads of stuff to do. It's embarrassing, really.

      Delete
    2. I think I must have two 100 ltr boxes of stuff to do, some resin, some plastic, some mdf all different periods…. Maybe we need a summer terrain challenge!

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
    3. I'll tell you what Matt, you put us up in your manse and we'll build terrain for you (and help you drink wine). :)

      Delete
    4. Deal, two months should do it!

      Delete
    5. I'm sure we can spin it out longer - with more plonk!

      Delete
  7. More awesome terrain for the collection indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look great dude! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)