Sunday, May 30, 2021

Goblin Airship for 'Moonstone'

Today I present to you a Goblin Airship. 

I know, demented, isn't it? When I first saw it on the Moonstone website I knew I had to get one for my collection. It's just so charmingly whacky.

The 'airship', a poor frog whose been bunged up to contain its 'hot air', provides some 'vertical dimensionality' for the forces of the goblin 'Dominion'. 

I used Kermit the Frog as my muse for this model. I shaved down the pupil of one eye, so it could painted with the eyelid closed. I think it helps convey the poor guy's sense of distress. For the flag, I kept the same blue and white checked livery as my existing goblins.

I scrapped the stock stand and replaced it with a magnetic ball and gimbal set-up, so it can be easily separated for transport.

If you look hard you can see that the gondola has a little goblin peering out, manning a Maxim gun, (really it's a 'pea shooter', with the hopper for the peas at the end of the barrel).  He also has a cup of tea (cappuccino?) sitting precariously next to him. You know, for when he goes on union breaks.

Love. It.


Next up: A Two-Headed Giant(!) from Moonstone.

Thanks for dropping in folks! Have a terrific day!

-Curt

21 comments:

  1. Brilliant dude, great work! What a whacky model, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely bonkers! And so is the model! Nicely painted, Curt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could be the coolest and madest thing I've ever seen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin, it is rather groovy looking (and quite nasty in the game I might add).

      Delete
  4. Bonkers but utterly brilliant too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have really gone into the fantastical of late Curt and it looks well....fantastic!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christopher, I'm having a lot of fun with these.

      Delete
  6. It is an awesome model, but I really like what you did with the eyes. Brilliant touch, quite in keeping with the rest of this fantastic miniature. Splendid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Martijn! Sometimes it's just the little adjustments that help make something a little more interesting.

      Delete
  7. Hah! That’s a splendid little model. Looks like that ‚Airship‘ is on a strict diet of beans and onions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, and I wouldn't want to be around it when they want to descend in it...

      Delete
  8. Brilliant stuff - they have a Kickstarter starting tomorrow and I’m sorely tempted to pile in....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm sure I'll be there with bells on.

      Delete
  9. Splendid looking stuffed frog/airship! Lovely finish on a delightfully detailed model!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain! It was a wonderful model to work on. A perfect platform for aeronautical spring adventures. :)

      Delete
  10. What a whacky contraption this is, really well done!

    ReplyDelete

  11. TS Inter 1st & 2nd Year Model Paper 2022 Available Students you can Download in PDF format form this web page below given links. BIE Telangana Regular and Private Students Prepare their Exam from these Sample Papers, Students have to Register for Appearing in Public Exam 2022. Telangana Jr Inter Model Paper 2022 So if you are also among those students who have Registered them self as a Regular or Private Student are Suggested to Download these Sakshi TS Inter 1st & 2nd Year Sample Paper 2022 must Prepare all Subjects. Model Papers are very helpful Material that is Provided by the official education Board.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)