Friday, January 24, 2020

al-Docherty and al-Millsy's Flying(!) Camel Artillery - for 'Docherty's Dock' and Entry #9 for AHPCX


Mu'tamid al-Millsy steps back and grimaces in expectation of the coming catastrophe.' I don't know brother, this seems to be a very bad idea...'





'I think it's brilliant.' Dawood al-Docherty reaches forward with his lit linstock. 'If the thrice-damned French can have flying horse artillery then why can't we have the same, but with camels?!'



'Yes, I understand, but I'm just concerned about the 'flying' part...'



________________________


These figures were from a Westfalia Miniatures Kickstarter for Napoleonic Persians, way back when they were still doing Napoleonics (sniffs in pained remembrance). Wonderful Paul Hicks sculpts. They were an absolute pleasure to work on and I hope they get a smile from Dave and Millsy. Thanks Dave for the location challenge, it was great fun!



4 comments:

  1. That's brought a huge smile to my face this morning, bravo Curt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dynamic duo ride again... well duo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave! You really need one of those hats for going about town. Really, it's a thing.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)