Monday, September 17, 2018

Adeptus Titanicus: Legio Mortis Warlord Titan


Following on the heels of my previous Adeptus Titanicus post, I've managed to complete the second Warlord titan from my boxed set. This fella is in the colours of Legio Mortis. 

In 30/40K lore, Legio Mortis is one of the oldest titan legions in existence, renown for being insufferably haughty and elitist. With this being the case, I thought I'd give their classic baroque black-red-and-gold armour the high gloss treatment, with very little weathering. In my mind's eye, I see these alpha-level god engines having flocks of cherubim servitors flitting around, continually buffing and waxing the armour to a blinding sheen. :)


Nonetheless, I still wanted to make sure the model conveyed the sense that it was a brutal war machine. With this in mind, I chopped up some extra bits from a Civitas terrain sprue to create the wreckage of a administratum building that's in the midst of being pounded into dust by the Warlord. Also, to help place the scene within a sense of scale, I positioned a small group of tech-thralls and their tech-priest who are bravely (mindlessly?) moving amidst the titans legs (probably busy registering voters for Horus).



While I've been busy building titans, I'm also trying to add some more Epic scale terrain for them to stomp around in. Here are a trio of buildings, two from the 3D printer, while the one on the right is from the Civitas Imperialis plastic set.


Hopefully I'll have a few more structures to show soon, along with a few Knights and a new Reaver medium titan. 

Thanks for dropping by and have a great week everybody!


28 comments:

  1. Wow - that Total looks fantastic and I really like the basing - very nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done Curt. I like your buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Curt, used to own the original at one time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Francis - I can totally see you being in on this back in the day.

      Delete
  4. Brilliant work as always my friend. I'm sticking with the purple colours of the more recent look for Legio Mortis, but they are my go-to Titan Legion when it comes to "Hope and Change" for the galaxy.

    That base is really something, great work dude - your groundwork, in all genres, is continuing to hit new levels all the time. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! The purple is a great colour scheme, but I've always had a soft spot for the Formula 1 John Player's Special black and gold paintwork, so I shamelessly indulged myself.

      'Horus: Make Isstvan Great Again!!'

      Delete
  5. Very well done my friend! The Titan looks ace and I really like the colour scheme. Apropriately menacing. The buildings are ace too and I‘m eagerly looking forward to some battle reports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick! We've been having a lot of fun with the game, with a suitably high reactor-detonation-to-titan ratio. :)

      Delete
    2. Now this really sounds like fun. I like random events that can ruin your whole battle plan.

      Delete
    3. Yes, there certainly is a lot of mayhem to the game. It really is a wonder how these war machines lasted for hundreds (thousands) of years. The Mechanicus repair/recovery crews must be VERY busy.

      Delete
  6. Having seen this beast up close I can assure everyone that it looks even better in the flash (metal, carbonite?). I've neither the cash flow nor the need to compensate for shortcomings to participate in this lunacy Curt but more than willing to egg you on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, (I think). If nothing else my lunacy aims to serve and entertain. ;)

      Delete
  7. Great brushwork Curt. He looks very intricate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray! Yes, these kits are easy to assemble but still quite involved. It's a little out of my wheelhouse, but I'm really enjoying working on them.

      Delete
  8. Cracking work mate. The basing is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Millsy, these kits are a blast to fiddle with.

      Delete
  9. Lovely finish on this monster walker!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cracking work Curt! These new Titanicus things really are amazing kits. And surprisingly close to the "truescale" Forumware titans that have been available for Epic over the last years. Really gives a great sense of scale when next to regular epic vehicles and infantry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are surprisingly similar in size to the 'fight club' editions that are available in the community. I completely agree with you, the original 6mm figures and vehicles blend wonderfully with these new models, really reinforcing what behemoths they are.

      Delete
  11. Fantatsic work mate - love it
    Titans just scream for dioramic bases dont they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul! Yes, whenever I work on one of these I can't help but fiddle around with the bases - it's infectious. My Reaver is coming up and I went down the rabbit hole with that one as well...

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)