Saturday, December 20, 2014

28mm Early Imperial Roman Officers


Here is my third entry to the Challenge. I'm planning a special scenario for the local group that is set during the Imperial Roman period and needed a few more Roman officer-types with whacky helmets.

These are a mix of 28mm castings from Wargames Foundry and Warlord Games. I believe they come from their Centurions and Optio packs but don't quote me on that.

The uniforms and kit are fairly fanciful, largely aligning to the Kirk Douglas and Charlton Heston school of ancient history. The reason for the absence of shield insignia on most of these models can be followed through the link above (which has a few more pics of these fellas) - it's all rather silly mainly due to the fact that I'm a complete muppet when it comes to working with decals.

Right now I'm working on my entry for next week's 'Rider(s) & Mount(s)' theme plus a few special entries for the holiday break. Now, to shoo away those odious carollers from the doorstep so I can get back to the desk...

14 comments:

  1. They are very nice, and your painting work is fantastic. Looking at them, my favorite are the old "Foundry" models, but have you seen the models from "Aventine Miniatures"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The Aventine range looks amazing. I think I may have to pick up some of them just to try out. Thanks for the thumbs up Juan.

      Delete
  2. These were gorgeous Curt, fabulous attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, I'm delighted you like them.

      Delete
  3. I love the look you've created with these - great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff, I still have my Cato and Macro mini's lying around, might have to paint them up after seeing this beautiful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, those look like great models to work with. I hope you can get them in for the Challenge.

      Delete
  5. They look great Curt. Centurion strike him very roughly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean. They are tough nuts to be sure.

      Delete
  6. Serious men ready to do serious work! These are lovely mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, my thoughts exactly when I was working on them Millsy. Thanks for the note.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)