Monday, December 16, 2013

From ScottS: 10mm Republican Roman Command Stand (4 points)



Scott sends in this wonderful 10mm command stand to add to his Republican Roman collection.

From Scott:

This is a command stand for my Republican Rome project. Figures are 10mm by Pendraken, from the cavalry pack and quite nice they are too.
I want to avoid the whole sea-of-red look for my Romans, so used green as the main colour and will probably keep it as the main colour for the legionnaires.
This stand has been kicking around my painting desk since the end of the last challenge, so I thought it was about time to get some paint of them!

Great work Scott. I've always admired Pendraken's models and you've done a very fine job with them here. I like your idea of going with a green colour base as opposed to the usual red theme, and the pigments you've chosen are nice and vibrant which I think benefits these smaller scales.

This command stand will give Scott 4 points. Welcome to the scoreboard Scott!

14 comments:

  1. Nice work Scott and I can appreciate the difficulty in painting detail on 10mm.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10mm??? I had to look at that again as I thought they were 15mm!!!!!

    Lovely work and guess what I am working on my 15mm Romans at long last

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always amazed at the quality of the brushwork at this scale. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work I love Pendraken stuff, and you have done wonders with the paint work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work i love the colour, those pendraken figures,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love 10mm. I think it is an under used scale. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Scott - you make them look great, much nicer than Pendraken's actual site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Though definitely not my scale they're really nice. The green turned out rather nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is very difficult to paint these small models so well! Great work, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Proof that good things can come in small packages. I agree w Ian, I thought they were 15mm at first. Great first entry, Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderfull work on these minis! If it wasn't been told I would have guessed that these were bigger!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)