Thursday, March 1, 2012

From JuanM: 28mm 16th Century Peasant, Warrior, French & Indian Wars Colonial Militia, 19th Century Mahdist Cavalry (45 points)



Juan sends us this wonderfully painted mix composed of a 16th century pikeman, a female shrew, a Roger's Ranger and a group of Mahdist tribal cavalry.



From Juan:
Here is the first half of the Cavalry complement for my Mahdist Rub. They are 28mm models from Perry Miniatures. I´m building a Rub for the "Black Powder" Rulebook with a Big size unit of Infantry (24 models), an Small size unit of Fusiliers (8 models) and an Small size unit of Cavalry (6 models).



Next one is a new Roger´s Ranger in 28mm from Galloping Major. I need to paint five more of them for my first game.





Finally, I send you a new model from Pro Gloria Miniatures, an ancient woman (yes, she is a woman) and a Scottish pikeman from Claymore Castings, a new company of 28mm models (sculpted by Paul Hicks). In www.claymorecastings.co.uk you can see them. I expect to use these figures with the same rulebook and terrain elements I am recollecting for the XVI Century game.




This eclectic group will give Juan 45 points. Very nice work, Juan! I'm particularly enjoying the 16th century stuff you're sending in as it's very characterful.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely work Juan - I really like the Mahdist cav - great character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it Juan, you've overtaken me again! Must get back to the painting table...

    Great work though, what's next?

    PhilH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful work Juan, great stuff as always.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you a lot.

    Phil, you are too near!!!

    Next ones: Huns and Romans, more Swiss pikemen and civilians and a donkey!

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Juan. The Madhist cavalry in particular is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some fine looking figures Juan, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice work and sharp clean whites! Well done!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. how can such beautifully painted figures be worth so little, they are amazing and would take a lot longer to paint than a few 15mm, your one of the top painters in this comp if you ask me, great work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kent, ahem, you have to remember this is *not* a 'Painting Competition', its a 'Painting Challenge'. Its a big difference. As you all know I don't judge the painting - I judge the output and the effort. This whole thing is to encourage people to get things done, not for me to say one person's painting is better than another's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice painting, good castings well painted

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much, Kent.

    I am not able to compete with others in this Challenge, so I pretend only to present you the models I like to paint. The amount of painting work and quality I´m seing in this Challenge is wonderful and the experience has not price for me.

    And, again, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb paint jobs all round Juan, really like what you've done with the ranger.

    Cheers,

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  13. Extremely nice work. I particularly like the Pro Gloria minis, they are so realistic! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)