Sunday, March 18, 2012

From IanW: 15mm Renaissance Camp Followers, Ancients Base Camp and 6mm Wagons


Ian, showing he's been cracking these past few day, shows us a great medley of figures as we near the end of the Challenge.


From Ian:
I supply a stand of 3 figures, 15mm Fri Korps Camp Followers from forever ago. Bought them and part painted them 20+ years ago. Took them back down to metal and painted them up in about two hours, will be part of my FoG Ren camp when I get the rules. This is for the lady contest, she brought her kids for support.


Next is two wagons in 6mm I bought off e-bay in October or November, they are H&R


'Talking of camps, my ancients 15mm FoG camp finally got this painted up so will not have to field a sheet of plastic for Lee to sack. All figures are Magister, can you see the rude boy? The chickens should really all be one colour but I could not resist painting my chickens and as we have three different breeds well... I hope you can see that the camp is pulling away from one side as a scratch guard (and rude boy) try to delay the attack. Had a great deal of fun putting this together.'



'Last up is the German Sniper markers. These 11 add to the 4 Germans already done. All 28mm and all but the P'Shreck and Flamethrower are Artizan, the others are Bolt Action.'


I think the flame effect on the flame thrower is excellent.


Excellent work, Ian! I really like your theme of a camp in the midst  of 'bugging out' - nice job. This group will give Ian 117 points, enough to pip me back a position! I shake my fist!


6 comments:

  1. Great work Ian a very diverse entry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And takes Ian well out of my reach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I could not resist painting my chicken" thats a classic line Ian ROFL. Well doen a great little collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Painting chickens is hard work, they do 't silt still and keep squawking, Well done. Would have liked a close up of the rude boy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)