Friday, January 27, 2012

From RayR: 54mm Anglo-Zulu War Vignette (100 points)



Ray forwarded me images of this great vignette he made for his Dad's birthday. I'll let him describe it.


I’ve attached a few photos of a diorama I made for my Dad, over the last weeks, it's his 70th birthday this Saturday, and I always try and paint him up some kind of diorama of figure, He's not a wargamer but loves display figures. I picked up these figures 2 years ago at a boot fair, while on holiday in the Lake District. I haven't a clue what make they are, but they're 54mm and since it was the 133rd anniversary of both Ilsandlwana and Rorke's Drift on the 22nd of January, I thought they'd fit the part perfectly!!


Great work on the cowhide shields and I really like the animation of the Zulu with the arched back. 



The figures give Ray a base of 88 points, but I'm going to place the entire vignette at 100.


That's a very nice gift you've made for your Dad, Ray. (I'm getting all misty just thinking about it.)

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful gift for your father, Ray, and a very, very nice composition and painting job.

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Ray. What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Father is really going to like that Ray!Well done!!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gift - well thought out. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers guys, I hope my Dad likes it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent piece Ray, sure your dad will be chuffed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)