Monday, December 20, 2010

Republic to Empire Wooden Markers from Litko

Another dorktastic post here. About a month or so ago I ordered these custom wooden game markers from Litko for Republic to Empire. The author of the R2E, Barry Hilton, has his own markers which are nice but I find the coloured plastic somehow out of synch with painted minis and terrain.  Its funny as I sometimes don't mind a coloured marker for significant events like charges, retreats and routes but that's my particular hangup.

Here are the seven markers I had made up. Most of these are placed next to brigade commanders to denote what type of 'order' they are operating under.
I rather like the look of these. They are just noticeable enough but not too obvious.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Curt,

    Great blog, very nice report using RtE. I ran through a solo game a few months ago on my blog, and all though I liked the rules, I did find the rules writing a quite difficult to follow. I have tried to pick it up since but to no avail. I may try again with my Hougoumont scenario after a couple of run through with Lasalle ruleset. I actually believe RtE rules, would be better for an asymmetric scenario, but they are a lot of work.

    Look forward to more stuff.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, John. Its funny as I think 'Lasalle' is probably next on the test-track. I agree on your comments re: R2E but they do give great rewards if your preserver. I absolutely agree that R2E would really bloom in asymmetric engagements. Even with our relatively tiny scenario I could see the smaller British force really thrashing the French with the right deployment and a bit of luck with the MPs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)